Case Study: increasing lead gen by 125%
Brief: Redesigning a whole ecosystem to create a better user experience and attract more clients.

Thousands of dollars were spent monthly on marketing for lead generation. Each lead had a cost of $65, with an average of only 40 leads converted per month.

1. Increase conversion rate by 100% in 3 months.
2. Improve user experience, especially on mobile.
3. Cut down marketing expenses by 30%.
4. Improve customer service.
Raw Design Sketches
To show my vision for the redesign of the content to the rest of the team, I created some basic low-fi sketches with content structure and the page layouts.
While going over the proposed layout we talked about incorporating a sign up form in each page. We worked under the assumption that this could help us with our lead capture. During the implementation process we tested the two versions (with and without the sign up form) and decided to keep the from given that it was indeed increasing our lead capture.
Taking into consideration the content and structure found in the previous design, I created wireframes to propose how the information could be displayed in the redesign. 
Website Revamp: The website needed to be updated to fit the needs of potential clients. The revamp not only focused on better visuals, but also on enabling direct communication with the user as fast as possible.
Email Marketing: Email is one of the highest converting channel throughout the real estate industry, so email captures and marketing campaigns were implemented to convert more subscribers to customers and increase return.
Example of marketing emails sent after sign up.
We displayed pop-ups to increase the number of sign-ups.
Website Speed: The website loading speed was over 4 seconds. The development team was able to cut it down to less than 1 second. This was possible by reducing the number of images and content displayed on the new design I proposed.
Engaging Content: We decided to create a dedicated section with relevant content about the industry to rank higher on Google searches. Our copywriter wrote the articles, and they were all original content.
Customer Service: Our consultant team worked on decreasing the response waiting time on Chatlio from an average of 1:30min to 25seconds.
For the redesign, I focused of keeping a professional but fresh look. The main color used was blue, with a red CTA, which after some A/B testing was the best one to perform. The content remained very close to the original, except for some sections that were taken out to optimize screen loading time.
Given that the scope of this project was very large, I had to design several screens for the new layout to keep cohesiveness throughout the navigation experience. Below I have added some examples of a few of them.
1. Conversion rate up 125% in 3 months.
2. Decreased lead capture cost by 83%.
3. Decreased total marketing expenses by 62%.​​​​​​​
Although the redesign of the experience was the main focus of the project, we were able to exceed expectations thanks to the collaborative effort of everyone in the team.
The final results reduced the lead capture cost from $65 to only $11, and the lead generation went from an average of 40 to 90 per month, for a total increase of 125%
Thanks for reading! If you liked this case study feel free to show some love on Medium. <3
Back to Top